Library Page Position
Part-time Library Page
We are a progressive and friendly library serving a diverse community and are inviting applications from candidates interested in joining our support staff team. We currently have two open positions.
All of our staff:
- Loves to learn and welcomes new ideas in a constantly changing library environment.
- Takes pride in providing exceptional customer service.
- Is enthusiastic, welcoming, helpful, playful, resourceful, flexible, and eager to work as part of a team.
- Is organized, detail-oriented, and reliable.
- Communicates clearly and constructively.
- Shows compassion to one another and our community.
- Looks for creative opportunities to serve and fulfill our mission.
- Is interested in technology and integrating technology with traditional services.
- Sorting and shelving books, audiobooks, magazines, and DVDs.
- Checking shelves and items on a regular basis for accuracy.
- Assist in closing procedures including straightening and cleaning up materials used by patrons.
- Some clerical duties as needed.
- Responsible self-starter.
- Ability to sort material in alphabetic or numeric order.
- Can stand, walk, crouch, twist, push/pull up to 75 pounds, and can lift up to 60 pounds.
The person in this position will work 10-15 hours per week. Library hours are:
Currently we are particularly in need of weekday afternoon shifts and Saturdays. Flexibility in scheduling is extremely helpful.
Wages and Benefits
Starting rate is $9.70/hour. This position does not include benefits.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
The library is an equal opportunity employer that complies with state and federal fair employment laws and regulations. The library does not discriminate in recruitment, training, promotion, or other terms of employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or military service.
Please send a resume and references to Nancy Maxwell, Page Supervisor, Henrietta Public Library, 455 Calkins Road, Rochester, NY 14623 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 20th.